Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Recap

Whew! I'm currently sitting at my desk with a big cup of coffee recovering from such a busy weekend. Caffeine, what would I do without you?

Friday night NTP and I had supper with some good friends of ours at Kaleidoscope in Brookhaven. My meal consisted of fried catfish, shrimp, collards, baked mac n cheese, and white cheddar cheese grits. Ummm, yeah. Needless to say, there are no pictures because that was the LAST thing on my mind as I inhaled a meal I hope they serve in heaven.

Saturday morning started with some relaxing reading and coffee time before it was off to the farm in LaGrange.



It was a really gloomy morning so the parents said to just come for a visit - it wouldn't be a work trip. Woohoo! Don't get me wrong... I love working on the farm, but on a mid-July day in Georgia? No thanks. We did discuss the upcoming planting season, what would go where, when to start, who to hire for help, etc. so we did get a little bit done. And my parents got to see sweet Mason, who they adore. Mason really likes playing with my dad. It's hilarious. This is after a rambunctious play session full of jumping and howling (by Mason, not my dad).


Sunday morning NTP and I headed back to Atlanta, dropped Mason off at his grooming appointment, and headed to Dekalb for our first trip to the Dekalb Farmer's Market. OH MY GOSH it was AMAZING! I'd heard it was awesome, but whoa. It was HUGE for one thing, and they had fruits and veggies I'd never even heard of! I stocked up on a week's worth of fresh (and I mean FRESH) produce and bread for $9. NINE DOLLARS.



Now this post wouldn't be complete if I didn't add a photo of Mason with his new hair cut. Let's just say I don't think he likes it very much based on this facial expression. :) Bless his little heart.



No comments: