Thursday, September 16, 2010

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

First off, Congrats Regis Philbin on your new world record as the person with the most hours on U.S. television!

As most of you know, I've been on the job hunt for a while now. Unfortunately, all I've been able to find are more unpaid internships. So I have finally decided to go ahead and go with another internship. I found one at an international advertising and marketing consulting firm called 360 Creative Inc. that I'm pretty excited/nervous about. It's a three month social media marketing internship with the intent to hire full-time after three months. I also interviewed for another one that I really want, also social media marketing as well as the chance to cover red carpet events, but I haven't heard back from them yet, sadly. I'm trying to look on the bright side of things and have decided that I'm simply going to do the best I can and work as hard as I can to move up and succeed. How am I going to pay the bills for three months? Good question. It's super tough to get a serving job out here. You have to have quite an extensive serving resume in order to get a job. On a funny note, I was searching through Craigslist trying to find a part time job that would help with the bills, and I accidentally clicked on a janitorial job. I immediately starting laughing hysterically because as it turns out, I'm not even qualified for a janitorial job because I don't have any experience! It was one of those times where you either laugh or cry. I'm praying for faith. God always delivers.

Also, today I plan on writing ALL DAY. It is time to buckle down on my novel. As NTP so wisely said, my dream of publishing a novel will never come true if I keep putting off writing. I do that because sometimes I read over it and hate everything I've written and then get into a mindset that I'm a terrible writer. So I'm fighting that demon today and I'm getting on track.

Wish me luck!

Love, hugs, and pushing through the pain...

4 comments:

The Tuscan Home said...

I love your positive attitude, humor, and enthusiasm....good for you! Congrats on your internship.=) May you be happy, fulfilled , and prosperous this year and for years to come. ((Hugs)) ...and have a great weekend! ~Liz

P.S. Thank you for your nice comments! XO

love jenny xoxo said...

good luck! I have always dreamed of writing a novel, it would be so awesome if you got published... i would totally buy your book! Wait, what is it about? Nevermind, I'll check it out either way!

XOXO

Alyson said...

Haha it's called The Misadventures on the Road to Love. :) It's a hilarious story (if I do say so myself) about a girl who somehow meets the craziest boys and goes through the most insane dating situations ever. And it's completely based off of real events in my life and those of friends and family.

Ashley said...

Hey Alyson this is Ashley, I hope everything is awesome at your new internship. We're sad that you left us at 360 Creative, Inc. but we're really happy that you found something you like. Oh, dedicated that blog post to you then I realized I spelled your name with and i instead of a y. Sorry! will definitely fix. Good luck at your new job!