Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sneak Peak!

Guess who's been a good girl and working diligently on her novel! ME! All you authors know that some days you may think everything you've written is absolute crap and other days you're on cloud nine just knocking out beautifully worded paragraph after paragraph. Today is one of those cloud nine writing days for me. :) The windows are open, a cool breeze is floating through, my pumpkin spice candle is burning next to me, and words are flowing like white water down the Ocoee River. See? I'm on a roll.

So in honor of my cloud nine writing day, I thought I would give ya'll another snippet of my novel in progress. Let me begin by saying that I STILL need some hilarious dating misadventure stories from all you lovely ladies. There are short diary entries between each chapter highlighting some funny dating misadventures, all based on true stories, like the one I'm giving a sneak peak of today. So ladies, please comment or e-mail me some of your funny dating stories! I can't wait to hear them! :)



Dear Diary, November 10, 2009
The girls next door that I share my dorm bathroom with have a friend in town. A guy. I met him today. He’s pretty cute, I guess. Not really my type. He was wearing lots of black. I’m more of a colorful person myself. Anyway, the girls gave him my number for some reason and now he’s been texting me and calling all day. He even invited himself over to my room for coffee tomorrow morning. Is it just me, or isn’t that weird? Regardless, I decided to be nice and give him some coffee. I will have my pepper spray readily available, though, in case he turns out to be a psychopath.

Dear Diary, November 12, 2009
Turns out the reason he wore all that black is because he’s dark. We sat in my room and had coffee yesterday morning and he informed me that his favorite color is black, he’s a socially liberal atheist, and loves insanely dark movies and books. I thought, ok fine. This obviously won’t work out because I’m a socially conservative Southern Protestant that likes wearing Lilly Pulitzer, watching chick flicks, and reading Jane Austen.
Apparently those huge differences meant nothing to him and he was heart-broken by my rejection. So he smashed some poor girl’s windshield in, thinking it was my car, with a fake Star Wars Jedi sword he keeps in his trunk.
Good thing I had the pepper spray handy. He was a psychopath.


Love, hugs, and life's misadventures...

2 comments:

Cary Dale Taylor said...

I would love to read your novel!!!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Congrats to you! I have always wanted to write a novel, since I was little. I have never sat down and actually done it. I used to write a few pages and give up. I might as well try though. What better things do I have going on? Aside from watching countless hours of TV ;)