Monday, October 4, 2010

Updates, Updates, Updates...

I realize I haven't blogged in almost a week, which in the blogging world may as well be 10 years. However, my momma has been here so I think I deserve a break, right?? Glad we agree. :)

Anyway... I had an interview for yes, ANOTHER unpaid internship this past Friday. It was with a very prestigious PR firm in Beverly Hills. The interview was certainly not what I expected. It turned out to be a group interview. We're talking about 14 girls from all over the world (I met an Aussie girl and LOVED her accent!) and 1 guy. Anyway, we were instructed to hand in our resumes and references and then take notes on a movie made by the owner of the company. It was all very interesting. It seems the owner is a very inspirational man and I did take a few wise remarks away from the video. My favorite - "No one said life was easy, and it's certainly not fair, but it's win-able." I like that. Anyway, I'm not really sure if we all got the internship or how that works, but we were supposed to e-mail the assistant with our availability. We'll see how that goes.

Also, I got in touch with a friend of a friend of a friend (oh networking) who is in PR out here and we're going to meet for coffee next week sometime to talk and see if I may be a good fit for her firm! She also gave me info on other companies in the area that are hiring and said she'd pass my resume along to a VP of a firm that she works with! I'm praying a paid position comes from this networking connection. Wouldn't that be swell!

In other news, the weather here has started to cool down (thank goodness!) and we've got the windows open enjoying the cool valley breeze. I'm definitely missing a Southern fall though. BUT... drumroll please... NTP and I have decided to move back to the east coast!!! Probably in the Atlanta area. It won't be until April or May, but I'm still very excited to be closer to my family. I'm a homebody, and while this has been and will continue to be an adventure, I'm ready to go home.

AAANNNDDDD I'm looking forward to my first care package from the bestie! Whoop whoop! I can't wait to see what's inside and will definitely post pictures when it arrives!

Now if you've made it through this novel, thank you very much for listening to my boring life stories. I appreciate the love. :)

Love, hugs, and surviving...

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I hope the internship works out! Yay for moving back to the east coast! I'm a homebody too!! We live in PA but trying to make our way back South in May as well! Happy Monday!

Scientific Housewife said...

Yay for cooler weather! Good luck on the internship stuff!