Thursday, March 17, 2011

Kiss Me! I'm (part) Irish!



Happy St. Patrick's Day lovelies! I'm excited about today because it's one of the few days being fair-skinned and covered in freckles is celebrated! Woohoo!

I'm a little Irish on both sides. Daddy-O is half Irish, half Cherokee Indian. Yeah, crazy combo I know. He's super tan, black hair (before he went bald), and then bright green Irish eyes. I took after Momma - fair, freckles, and blue eyes. My aunt did some genealogy research a while back and discovered that my ancestors on my mom's side came to America during the potato famine in Ireland. The rest are French, although according to my VERY proud grandfather, "We're American, dammit." Gotta love him.

So kiss someone Irish today! And now I'll leave y'all with a wonderful Irish blessing.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Scientific Housewife said...

Hope you had a great St. Patty's Day!

Miss Southern Prep said...

That sounds like my parents! My mom is fair with reddish hair, and my dad is really tan with dark hair. I take after my mom, too--I have light hair, green eyes, and very, very pale skin! Hope you had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!