Monday, July 11, 2011

It Just Don't Slow Down!

Wow. I suck. I don't know how all you lovely ladies lead such awesome and exciting lives AND still have time to blog every day. It blows my mind. Obvs I don't have those kinds of time management skills. Anywhooooo...

Things have been, ohhhh just a wee bit crazy. Not too long after I posted the last post I sent my resume to my bestie's father, who then sent it to an old co-worked in Atlanta, who then sent it to his company's marketing director, who then sent it to a recruiter. Whew. Anyway, the recruiter called and we had a great phone interview. Half an hour later, she asked me to come in the next day for a face-to-face interview with both her and then the marketing director of this GINORMOUS international company. Umm, yes. Of course I'll be there. Nevermind that means waking up at 4 am to drive 8+ hours back up to Georgia to be there in time. I totally did it. Me and my giant coffees. Long story short, not sure it went so well, but who knows. Like my mom said, if anyone doubted how much I want a good job, they don't doubt it anymore. After the interview I then drove 2 and a half hours to LaGrange to spend the night at my grandparent's house and then headed back to Florida the next day. On a holiday weekend. You can only imagine the traffic. But again, it was an experience and I'm better for it.

Since then, my mom and I managed to throw a BOMB-A** bridal shower for a girl I grew up with. Pictures to come ASAP because for real, not to toot my own horn, but toot toot! Not only that, but today I was asked to make the bride's veil. As in take her mother's old veil, sew on new lace, and attach it to a comb. No pressure or anything.

But the fun don't stop there folks! Guess who got ANOTHER call from a recruiter today!? That'd be me! That's right I'm heading back up to Georgia after my post op in Gainesville Wednesday and meet with the recruiter Thursday afternoon to discuss a marketing position with a manufacturing company in Kennesaw. Should be interesting. Fingers crossed!

And that's about it for now. I promise to put the bridal shower pictures up as soon as I can - hopefully tomorrow. So stay tuned for some eye-candy!

Hope all of you lovely ladies are doing well!

3 comments:

ABM said...

Good luck with your interview tomorrow!!!
Can't wait to see those pics! =)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I'm a bit late but I hope the Kennesaw interview went well. When I visited Atlanta and had to go to the adorable town and take the ghost tour that's offered. It was such a blast and a great way to take in local history.

Sending positives vibes your way that you'll get a great job - you deserve one!

Can wait to see the bridal shower pictures :)

Anonymous said...

Hope everything went well!! :)