Monday, March 2, 2009

Cold toes, warm heart

Blue Ridge was fantastic, as usual. I had an absolutely wonderful time nice and cozy on the couch in front of the fire surrounded by some of my favorite people.

I got to sleep in, wake up to coffee and banana pancakes, get dirty on the 4-wheeler and satisfy my country girl side, sit in front of the fire with a good book, get all dolled up (thanks Ashley) and go downtown for some shopping (DANGER! More on that later...), yummy BBQ, and spending some quality time with some of my favorite people.

Saturday night the bestie's entire family helped me through my very own economic crisis. It's pretty sad, really. I really felt like Becky Bloomwood while we went through my bank statements and developed a new budget for me (cutting my actual spending habits in HALF!) aided by some much needed wine. It was rough going, but I feel sooooo much better now that I have a plan. It's also a great feeling to know I have such caring people willing to help me 110% through my hard times (and bad habits).

And to add icing to the cake, I got to drive through SNOW on the way back to Tally! It was dumping snow in and around Atlanta. It was absolutely gorgeous and I love love loved it. Only a few more days until I get to see TONS of snow in Utah!

All in all it was a great weekend. :) Missing the mountains and sitting in front of the cozy fire though.

Hats off to cold toes and warm hearts...

No comments: