Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Even ears :)

Hello lovelies! I know it's been a few days, but I've kind of been vegging and working on feeling better. Here's an update on how everything went...

They went in and got out as much of the disease as they could, but unfortunately they didn't get it all. I'll have to have to another surgery in 6 months. :\ However the second surgery should be much easier than this one with a faster recovery time (or so I hope!) It had spread to a muscle in my jaw so they cut into that which is making it a little difficult to eat, but today I started on solid foods again so that's good news. Thanks to my bestie I've had plenty of sugar :) and I really appreciate all the calls and well wishes.

It kind of feels like life is being put on hold because if I get a job my parents' insurance will no longer cover me. And if I get a new insurance plan with a new job, chances are they'll deny me coverage because it's a pre-existing condition. So we're kind of in a limbo with figuring out how all that is going to work. It could have been much worse though, and I'm so thankful that we're able to get it taken care of.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers!

P.S. My ears are even. :)

1 comment:

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Yay for even ears!!!!! LOL I'm so glad your surgery went well!!! I hate that you have to have another surgery though. Boo. :(

Hope you get to feeling 100% very soon!!!