Friday, November 7, 2008

Can you hear me now?

Well you all know by now that things have a tendency of going wrong for me at the most inopportune moments. The trend continues...

I'm working on my last news package for this semester (there will be many more next semester if I make it into the advanced course) and I checked out camera equipment for Monday and Tuesday. I got an interview done, and a bit of b-roll, but had to turn the camera in Wednesday. After I turned it in, I signed up to check it out again on Thursday... well to make a long story short, I was told I could only have it for 3 hours on Thursday. WHAT!? That is not nearly enough time to do two more interviews, film b-roll, AND do my standup (especially considering I can't do my standup until I write my script). Finally, I find a way to get it until noon on Friday. Whew. So I get my interviews and some b-roll, thinking I'll just work on my script Friday after I shadow my professor and then film my standup Saturday or Sunday morning and do all the editing Sunday afternoon. Nope. All the cameras are booked all weekend. So then I had a minor panic attack as I realized I would be spending the majority of the night writing my script and recording my voice track.

Amazingly, I finished the script in only 2 hours and was really excited to be done before midnight. But as you can probably guess, it was too good to be true.

I should mention that Wednesday morning I woke up with a sore throat. I didn't think anything of it and figured it would just go away during the day. Well... it didn't. In fact, it just got worse.
Plan Acourtingly
and I went to CVS after going to the bookstore and I stocked up on cough drops and chloraseptic spray (a miracle worker - literally numbs the throat instantly). So I got back to my room, sprayed my miracle spray, and took some meds.

Now back to the point... When I got ready to record my voice track I picked up the mic and started talking, only to realize that my voice was gone. GONE! Like, on vacation in Bermuda gone. So then comes a second panic attack followed by phone calls to my nutrition professor father (who of course doesn't answer the phone) and another heavy dose of miracle spray and medicine.

Finally, I ended up just going to bed and getting up early this morning before heading to WCTV to record my voice track. My voice did come back somewhat, but it still sounds a little weird. Oh well. What ya gunna do?

Oh! When I got to WCTV I found out that Triston, my prof, has strep and so does one of the TA's. Perfect.

Love, hugs, and flu season...

No comments: