Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Head first...

The past few days have been a rollercoaster, to say the least... and I'm really not a fan of rollercoaster rides.

There have been amazing highs (the excitement of watching everything come together for me with broadcasting stuff, school winding down, seeing my family soon, and the holiday season in general), and devastating lows (a phone call from the bestie's boyfriend saying that Penelope had a birth defect and they had to make a heart-breaking decision to keep her from pain, the pain I felt and still feel for them, and then anger at the news I got from her today as she informed me that the breeder is a scam artist and it's not the first time she's hurt someone like this).

So yes, it's been a crazy ride.

But what would life be like if it was all just sunshine and daisies? It would get a little boring don't you think? How would we ever be able to grow, to mature, to learn from things that happen to us, things that are often entirely out of our control?

I think sometimes we just have to have faith. The faith to believe that "this too shall pass" and that this experience will make us that much stronger. And I'm so proud of my amazing best friend to have the strength to do just that. Maybe sometimes we have to just roll with the punches and adjust to what life throws at us. We may as well use the practice, because life won't stop testing us.

I've heard so many times that "life is what you make it" and I absolutely agree. It can be a beautiful thing. So let's choose to walk head first into whatever life has in store for us.

Fearless.