Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A complete clutz...

To all of those who know me, you know I'm not exactly the most graceful person. In fact, many of you would say I'm about as far from graceful as it gets. I'm really pretty clutzy.

It really makes no sense for my to be uncoordinated. I'm an athlete and in sports I've never been clumsy - it's quite the opposite - I excel. So why is it that as soon as you take me off a field or court I can barely walk without tripping or running into something (hence the reason I always have at least 2 or 4 bruises in various places)? Who knows, but I thought I was beginning to outgrow it. I think I've gone about a week without an incident... until today.

I dropped another coffee mug.

I was picking a bag of tortilla chips off my little food rack and the mug was teetering dangerously on the edge. I, however, did not notice. By the time I did notice, the mug was halfway to the tile floor and all hope was lost. I made a lunge for it anyway, almost knocking myself out in a close encounter with the edge of the sink. My attempts were futile and the mug cracked and a chunk chipped off.

This makes 2 mugs in 4 months.

Thank goodness it wasn't the mug Liz got me though. Whew. However, this particular green and white flowered Starbucks mug was a faithful holder of my life's nectar so it's a sad occasion.

RIP Ms. Flower Mug

1 comment:

Ky said...

looks like you need a new home for your mugs lol :)