Monday, February 2, 2009

Budgeting? What's that?

As ya'll know, I spent the weekend in Orlando with the bestie and some of my favorite people. Small sidenote: I have no idea what I would do without them. Period.

Anyway, the twin, her bf, and sis introduced me to a little concept called "budgeting." Ever heard of it? Yeah, me neither, but apparently it's a good thing and something I really need to take up. So I've been looking at signing up for an online budgeting program called Mvelopes. Basically you set up different "envelopes" where your money goes to. Like rent, groceries, entertainment, tithing, and apparently... I can even have a SHOPPING envelope! This way you know exactly how much you have to spend in each area each week.

To be honest, I was not loving the idea of budgeting. I was pretty sure that was code for "no shopping." Luckily... I was wrong!

So drop the Bloomwood and call me Budgeting Becky because I am now a responsible shopaholic!

love, hugs, and money management...

No comments: