Friday, October 10, 2008

All I really wanna do...


Hello, hello.

I suppose I should explain my blog's new name. I'm not exactly a genius when it comes to coming up with crafty names for things, so I enlisted my bestie and my adopted sister to come up with something for me. And today they settled on "The Cure for Writer's Block". Perfect, I know. I'm a writer, working on a couple books right now, and they are basically my go-to people when I'm stuck and my brain is just not working. So I hope ya'll enjoy it as much as I do. Thanks Ky and Ashley! (P.S. the adorable bookworm picture - Ashley designed and drew that. Check out her stationary company at http://ashleybrookedesigns.blogspot.com. And for a really good laugh when you're having a rough day, read all about the insanely random and hilarious things that go on in Kyla's life at http://eatyourcakeandhaveittoo.blogspot.com.)

Good news!! I finished my news package! Whoop! Whoop! Annndddd... the editing only took 4 and a half hours! I was back in my room in time to catch the end of Grey's! (except now I've got to go online and watch the beginning). Anyway, I'm feeling very proud of myself. :-)

I tried to make up for my lack of sleep last night, planning to sleep in until at least 9 or 10 this morning. Well... Audrey had other plans. The poster fell on me... again... around 6 this morning. I'm starting to rethink my halloween choice. I was planning on being little miss Audrey but I'm thinking she's got it in for me now. I took her down and she's currently leaning up against the wall on the floor where she can't do any damage.

I piddled around this morning... did some cleaning, watched Regis and Kelly (duh), watched the stock market plummet (scary), and then decided I'd try to start a trend and boost the economy by going shopping. So I put on my new camo and pink FSU hat, grabbed my purse, and headed to the mall. I got some super-cheap fake pearls for my halloween costume and FINALLY found a messenger bag. About dang time. Then it was off to Publix to get some ice cream before I go crazy. At that point my stomach was growling really loud and people walking by were looking at me funny, so I called Jim & Milts (only the best BBQ in the tri-state area!) and ordered me a Yankee sandwich (I really don't know why they call it a Yankee sandwich because this is the south, and as my grandfather would say, "go get them yanks!", whatever that means) and swung by there to pick up some comfort food and some oh-so-perfect sweet tea. I then drove back to campus and wandered around the parking garage trying to find a spot... scored one on the 3rd floor (bummer) and then walked all my bags into the dorm (no easy task). Courtney and Leah were on their way out to GA, officially taking almost all my friends away from Tally for the weekend.

Forgot to mention, before making my way to the mall (with only the good intentions of boosting the economy, mom) I went over to Lake Ella. Usually Elizabeth and I spend our Friday mornings at the Black Dog Cafe drinking coffee and talking... and talking... :-) However, she is at home this weekend and I just couldn't bring myself to go without her, so I went over to Barb's (Barb's Brittle, that is). Barb was waiting for me at the door (I'm so predictable) and had a bag of sunflower seed chocolate brittle ready. But I surprised her and got 2 bags! One for my dear Kyla who I can't wait to see next weekend! Woohoo! For those of you who have never been lucky enough to experience Barb's Brittle, you have to... you just HAVE to. For those of you Yankees or south Floridians (lol) who don't even know what brittle is... you're in for a treat. It's melt-in-your-mouth goodness. Kyla and my personal favorite is sunflower seed chocolate, but you name a flavor, Barb's got it. So check it out. You won't be sorry. Promise. And you know how I feel about promises.

It should be a great weekend. :-) The rest of today will be mostly spent blissfully in bed with a book. (Nerd, I know.)

Song for the day - All I Want to Do - Sugarland
"Let's just lay here and be lazy, baby, drive me crazy...
All I want to do-ooo-ooo-ooo is love you..."

Ya'll stay classy...

No comments: