Friday, October 17, 2008

Stranded and broke...

Oh boy... what an afternoon I had yesterday. Most of you have already heard all about it, but it's the perfect topic for my dear blog. So here goes nothing...

As you all know, I was really excited to go home for the weekend. I had all my stuff packed and ready so I could just grab it and head to my car right after class. So I got all by bags and made my way to the parking garage where I parked my car Tuesday after going to Publix.

I walked to the ground floor and over to where I parked. No Old Faithful. I thought to myself, Ok, you must not have parked here. I mean, it's not the first time I've forgotten where I parked. So I walk around the ground floor (I knew for sure I parked on the bottom floor) followed by a girl in a car that wanted my spot (but she didn't even offer me and my luggage a ride!!!).

So eventually I end up back where I started... the spot I was certain once held my sweet old Volvo. I look up on the wall in front of it and see a little yellow sign - "Service Vehicle Parking Only. All others will be towed."

TOWED!!!!

I called FSUPD and was told that, indeed, my darling Old Faithful had been seized against her will and towed away. So I call the towing company to see if I can come pick it up. "Sure, do you have your release form?" What release form!!?? "You have to have a release form from FSU Parking and Transportation before I can give you back your car." What the -!?? "Oh, and you might want to hurry, they close in five minutes." Great. Fabulous. Smashing.

So I called Parking and Transportation. No answer. Tried again. Still no answer. Third time? Not the charm. Finally, I managed to get ahold of the receptionist and begged her to wait for me to get there to get a release form (by this time it's 5:00). She reluctantly agrees and I book it to the stadium.

To make a long (and painful) story short, after a long series of unfortunate events, I was reunited with Old Faithful. I have never been more happy to see her.

So I finally left Tallahassee around 6:45 p.m. and got home around 11:15 p.m., exhausted and broke ($135 to the towing company - $20 to FSU - $35 for gas - $5 for drive thru).

love, hugs, and legal parking...

1 comment:

amanda said...

Glad you made it home! Enjoy the rest and relaxation!!