Woohoo! I've been tagged for the first time! (twice!)
So thanks to the always funny CBK
Plan Acourtingly and super sweet Amanda Dee
Here's the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is UP
6 Things That Make me Happy...
1. Love. Whether it be a hug from my parents, words of encouragement from a friend, or just a smile. Everyone wants to love and be loved.
2. Family and friends. I don't know where I would be without my family. They have been so supportive of me throughout my life and are really my foundation. These amazing people bring me up when I'm feeling down. They make me smile constantly and they stand by me even when they think I'm wrong. They're truly amazing and I thank God for them every day.
3. Books. I am a total bookworm. I mean really. I could literally spend all day with my nose in a book. The world could be crashing down around me and I would be oblivious. My friends come over to pick books from "the library" in my room, and call me from bookstores for suggestions. :-) I love it. I want to own my own bookstore one day in the mountains of NC so books are a major part of my life. They take us somewhere where we can put our world aside, if just for a few minutes, and become someone else. We can travel the world without leaving our bed, we can develop magical powers, we can do unimaginable things, all because of books. :-D
4. Coffee. I really don't think I need to elaborate on this. It's what keeps me sane... and functional.
5. NC Barbecue sandwiches. What southern girl doesn't love a pulled pork sandwich? Add some coleslaw to the mix and you've got yourself some much needed comfort food.
6. Jeans. It's amazing how wonderful a good pair of jeans can make you feel. They definitely have a softspot in my heart. My favorite pair have been worn and washed so many times that the holes in the knees just keep getting bigger and the color just keeps on fading. "Think of my head on your chest and my old faded blue jeans..." But these jeans tell a story, a story of who I am, and I wouldn't throw them away for anything. :-D
Now for my 6 random things/habits/quirks...
1. My left eye is half blue, half brown. Basically, when I was about 6 years old it decided it no longer wanted to be completely blue, so over the years the brown has gradually been taking over the blue. Brown has always been the conquest type. So eventually, my left eye may be completely brown while my right eye remains very much blue. Crazy, but cool. :-)
2. Daisies are my favorite flower. :-) They never fail to make me smile.
3. I love to write. I've started writing 3 books to date. Haven't finished any of them, but they're out there.
4. I wear the same earrings every day. My mom's old pearls. I love them.
5. I love mail. Getting it, sending it, whatever. I'm a total romantic.
6. I was sent home the first day of preschool with a note attached to my shirt saying, "Alyson is rather bossy." Yeeaahhh... :-\ Oh well... times have changed!
So here's who I tag...
Have your cake and eat it too
Let's learn to love
(everyone else has already been tagged)