Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall is upon us :-)






Let me just start by saying that fall is by far my favorite time of year. Cool air, sunny skies, leaves changing colors, jackets, jeans, boots, scarves, pink cheeks and noses, sitting out on Landis Green reading a book under an oak tree... it's all so wonderful. This season just makes me happy, and I can't help but notice that other people seem more happy too.

Well in the spirit of fall, and the quickly approaching Halloween festivities, Elizabeth and I partook in some fall traditions.

We didn't get to go to the pumpkin patch yesterday - it was raining so we went to Cracker Barrel for some comfort food (I was having a really bad day that just kept getting worse - like driving over to Liz's in a hurry and setting up camera equip. to film her typing at her computer for my story, only to find that I forgot a very vital component - my tape, duh). So after running around and me trying not to break down we ate a yummy dinner, and then headed to the dollar movie theater for some much needed down-time. We watched The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (which was absolutely amazing!!! Alexis Bledel is my hero. The end.)

Anyway... after a long night (I was up until after 2 am working on my script - but thanks to everyone for the good luck wishes!), I woke up to a BEAUTIFUL fall morning. Elizabeth picked me up and we went to the pumpkin patch to pick out the perfect pumpkins. Well, apparently, perfect pumpkins no longer exist a week before Halloween, but we found charming ones nonetheless. I named mine Delilah and Elizabeth named hers Patrick. We then headed back to my room to pick up some stuff, went to Lake Ella to film my standup, then finally sat down to carve our pumpkins! It was definitely a ton of fun, and hilarious. Delilah turned out nicely if I do say so myself. She has her flaws, but what charming pumpkin doesn't!? Patrick had to have a name change, though. Elizabeth carved "LOVE" into it and so he kind of lost a lot of his masculinity, so we changed the name to Amore. :o) They're both adorable.

We finished all our holiday fun for now and I spent the afternoon recording my voice track for my package. Tomorrow I'll just spend a good part of the day editing. Wish me luck on making this an amazing story!

Well now it's time for a delicious brownie sundae and a book. :o)

love, hugs, and the greatest time of year!

p.s. If anyone knows where to find some cute, but feminine, cowgirl boots (at a reasonable price) please let me know!

2 comments:

.T said...

I like Delilah even though she may be an average end of season pumpkin. :-P :D

P.S. I love these pictures of you.

"No Spring nor Summer Beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one Autumnal face."

amanda said...

CUTE PICTURES! I'm going tomorrow with the little runts I babysit!