Monday, October 13, 2008

Give a girl a break!

I was so excited to relax this weekend and let my body recuperate, that it was really upsetting to find that the world had other plans.

Saturday night my stomach starts to hurt. Hmmm... no biggie... I'm a trooper. Bring it on. Sunday morning and most of the afternoon I was fine. Boy was I wrong. I went out to dinner at Jim & Milt's with Courtney (yes I eat there a lot) and had my usual Yankee sandwich and sweet tea. Then we went to the mall to get Halloween stuff, only to find that it was closed... at 6 p.m. Way to keep it real Tallahassee. Way to keep it real. You'd think this was a sleepy old town in the middle of no where instead of the capital of Florida as well as a college town.

Anyway, I digress. So we shop around and then head back to campus. No sooner than I enter my room and the blood just rushes from my face. I mean, I'm pale enough already... but if someone saw me last night they would probably think I was a ghost. For real. Well I'll spare you all the gruesome details, but I was very sick. Not a fun few hours. After throwing up numerous times, I managed to pass out in bed and slept like a log. Apparently I even answered a phone call and talked for a little while. (I don't remember it at all.)

Well since I passed out before doing any of my usual before-bedtime-rituals, I didn't set my alarm clock. Thankfully, my biological clock is annoying as all get out and woke up at 7:35 a.m. Class starts at 8 and if you're late, you're screwed, especially today because our news stories were due. So I managed to put clothes on, brush my teeth, grab my tape, and run to the stadium. I made it on time, but I'm pretty sure everyone thought I was hungover or something. Not so. Just exhausted. So I turned in my package and ate the poptart I stuffed in my bag as I walked out the door. Never, ever, forget the food. Right, Ky?

So now I'm in the process of cleaning up the scattered mess I created last night. Clothes somehow found their way into the weirdest places - on my tv, under my mattress... I know, weird. I guess I also knocked over the Tylenol bottle because I keep stepping on little white caplets. But it's coming together. No worries.

Stay healthy ya'll...

No comments: