Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sweet southern comfort, carry on...


Oh how I could use some sweet southern comfort right now. All I want to do is go up to my family in Georgia... walk out into the huge field behind the house... and just lay there. Doesn't that sound amazing!? Much better than the seven or so hours in front of a computer (a piece of technology I am convinced is out to get me) that lays ahead of me.

Class got out super early, an hour early in fact, so I'm just getting in some down time before I go off to torture myself.

Something I forgot to mention in the last post - last night I basically collapsed into my bed and fell asleep instantly. All my friends that have been around me at night know that I have to have 8 hours of sleep every night or else I'm really cranky in the morning (Allyssa's mom actually thought I was mad at her the day after homecoming one year - not so... just sleep deprived). I also have a tendency to start fading really fast without a moment's notice. (Kyla probably knows this better than anyone in that one minute we're rolling around laughing and the next I'm practically a zombie). So since I've been sleep-deprived for a week or so now, I faded really fast last night. It was like a brick wall hit me. So I fall into a blissful sleep in my nice, soft, cloud of a bed until about 3 a.m. when something big and heavy falls on top of me. Yes... on top of me! Turns out the hook holding up my very large Audrey Hepburn picture that hangs over my bed came off the wall, dumping Audrey and her glamorous self on top of me, scaring the crap out of me. I may have screamed, I can't remember.

On a high note... my super hot public policy professor (tall, thin, southern drawl, from NC, went to Auburn... I know, perfect) made eye contact with me today. EYE CONTACT! It could very possibly be the highlight of my day. And then on top of that, he handed back our tests from last week (meaning I was within a foot of him) and I got a 96! That's right, you heard me. Unfortunately, it doesn't give me an excuse to visit during office hours. Shucks.

Well I'm off to work on my news story. Hopefully tomorrow my post will include how I slept until noon because I finished my package and I'm done and can relax for the weekend.

Prayers would be much appreciated. And coffee. Don't forget the coffee.

A. Hart

No comments: